It’s Fudge week, without a doubt. This week I have made THREE batches of Fudge. THREE. This Chocolate Fudge can be made sugar-free if you wish to substitute the 2 TBSP of sugar with Stevia but to be honest, naturally derived or not, my jury is still out on Stevia.
1. One peeled banana pre-frozen and then thawed a little.
2. 1/2 cup coconut butter (I use Loving Earth)
3. 1/4 cup Cocoa or Cacao powder
4. 2 TBSP Coconut sugar or Stevia
5. 1/2 TSP vanilla essence
6. The tiniest pinch salt
1. I find that Bananas make better additions to recipes if they’ve been frozen, thawed a little and then pureed (the same way you would when making fat free ice cream) . So try this and see what you think.
2. In a separate bowl blend the Coconut Butter and the other ingredients leaving out the banana until everything else is perfectly smooth.
3. Add the pureed banana to this chocolate mixture and blend quickly -the cold banana will make the coconut butter start to turn solid so work fast-
4. Pour out mixture into a baking dish and freeze for about 25 minutes. DONE.
Unfortunately this is a Fudge that should be kept in the fridge or freezer but who cares? It’s guilt free!!